Project Management Training Course
Project-based business has over the last two decades, become the way most competitive businesses operate. Strictly operations based business has made way for business initiatives that are now subject to a defined project plan, with specified deliverables, within specific time and cost constraints.
The Challenge (Project Management Training Course) Johannesburg (Sandton), Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Pretoria – South Africa
Project Management is not only for project managers, but is a vital skill for all business partners within organizations. It is not uncommon for business people who do not officially hold the title of project manager, to undertake small to medium sized projects as part of achieving their business objectives. The latter is echoed in the sentiment of MC Botha: Head of PDPM at Stenllenbosch Univesity Business School:
“Africa is facing a critical development phase and is, as the World Bank says, on the eve of an economic explosion. The need for skilled project managers to successfully complete various types of projects, ranging from small projects and partnership projects to mega government projects, in diverse business sectors will only continue to grow in the foreseeable future. “
Those involved in the process of project management may be stakeholders, business partners, the project team or team lead. An understanding of project management concepts, tools and techniques is vital to enabling project success and adding business value across the board.
In many organizations, managers involved in various sectors of the business have silently slipped into the unofficial role of project manager. Pressure from stakeholders, scope creep, poor planning, lack of formal training and undefined processes – all combine to increase the probability of project failure! Resulting in increased cost, time wastage and low employee morale.
The Solution (Project Management Training Course) Johannesburg (Sandton), Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Pretoria – South Africa
This two-day Project Management Essentials course hosted by Business Optimization Training Institute deconstructs all project management jargon and equips participants with user-friendly, yet powerful tools and techniques that can be immediately applied in the workplace.
The training will increase your efficiency and effectiveness in planning, leading, organizing and controlling business projects. This intensive, hands on short-course teaches business people how to define work clearly using WBS (work breakdown structure) and set measurable objectives and timelines with GANTT charts, PERT,and CPM. Furthermore, delegates will realize the significance of soft skills in achieving project deliverables through effectively managing change, communicating with impact and understanding the dynamic of how various stakeholders view success.
Delegates will walk away from the course with the knowledge of how to divide projects into manageable parts; schedule tasks; monitor progress; understand and plan for failure or uncertainty; and make controlled adjustments to plans when and as required. Irrespective of whether you are a project lead, project team member or business unit manager – the successful completion of this course will equip provide delegates with the essential project management tools and procedures to survive and compete in an ever changing work environment.
Course Overview (Project Management Training Course) Johannesburg (Sandton), Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Pretoria – South Africa
- Nature of projects (Project Management Course)
- Understanding structures involved within a project environment
- Roles and responsibilities of Project Sponsors, Project Managers, Project Members and stakeholders
- Detailed understanding of all major activities and processes within project management
- Understanding Project Management terminology: interpret and explain with ease
- Manage and motivated project teams
- Problem solving, solution generating and corrective action application
- Importance of effective communication to ensure successful working relationships within the project team
Delivery Method (Project Management Training Course) Johannesburg (Sandton), Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Pretoria – South Africa
- Two-day Instructor Led classroom based training ( Project Management Training Course )
- Strong delegate participation and practical application of theory ( Project Management Training Course )
Our objective is to ensure that the acquired tools and knowledge are user friendly and easily applied in the workplace.
All delegates ( Project Management Training Course ) will receive:
- Tea, lunch and refreshments
- Memory stick (with relevant tools and models that can be easily accessed when applied back at work)
- After training assistance for 3 months
This course (Project Management Course Johannesburg) is will teach an essential management skill. As JFK said, “Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other”.
Course Schedule and Costs
Please click on links below for price and venue of the courses:
- Project Management on 11th Jul 2016
- Project Management Fundamentals on 11th Jul 2016
- Microsoft Project Management 2013 Part 1 & Part 2 on 11th Jul 2016
- Project Management Intermediate on 11th Jul 2016
- Project Management Advanced on 11th Jul 2016
- Project Management Bundle (Ms Projects 2010) Training Course on 11th Jul 2016