Quick Look Course Summary:Excel Advanced Course (MS Office 365)
Next Public Course Date:
Length: 1 day(s)
Price (at your venue): 1 Person R 3,982.50 EX VAT 3 Person R 2,729.81 EX VAT 10 Person R 1,885.40 EX VAT
Certification Type: Non-Accredited
Locations & Venues: Off-site or in-house. We train in all major city centres throughout South Africa.
Get Free & personalised
Increase Work Efficiency and Decision Making
Benefit today from an advanced excel course:
- Increase Work efficiency: Employees with great skill in Excel can increase the efficiency of the employee. An organization can save a lot of time and money.
- Enhances decision-making ability: Employees of every department with great skill in Excel will able to analyze their data themselves & able to make good decisions by themselves.
- Increase your value as an Employee or your employees.
- Make your job and task easier.
- Enjoy working more at the office.
Welcome to the Advanced workshop on Excel (MS Office 365). There are three workshops on Excel of which this is the second. We suggest that participants wanting to attend this workshop first attend our workshop on Excel Essentials.
- In this practical workshop you will learn how to use the more advanced features of Excel.
- Objectives include: Using Smart Art and other objects; tracing precedent cells and auditing; creating pivot tables and charts, recording and running macros and grouping and outlining data. Smart Art, shapes and pictures are ways to enhance your worksheet, especially when sharing the information with others, the user wants the information to be clear, concise and understandable, using objects to highlight information or summarise it is both appealing to the eye and easier to understand.
- Participants will learn about the contextual tabs which become available when objects are added.
- Auditing introduces concepts that will help participants when creating formulas. You will learn about precedent cells and dependent cells and the relationship between cells. Auditing also explains how to display the formulas in a worksheet. Precedent cells can be traced to track down problems. The function Trace Precedents is useful to see the trail of data relationships.
- We will teach participants how to use the chart tools tab and how to change the view of a chart, finally participants will also learn how to resize and move a chart.
- We will also provide examples of real-life Pivot tables and charts and teach participants the Pivot Table tools tab options. Many people shy away from Pivot tables because they seem complex, however Pivot tables are a powerful tool to summarise different aspects of data in an understandable way for the viewer. In module seven we teach participants advanced use of macros, and in module eight we focus on formula error and solving them, following that we teach participants the what if analysis and how to use goal seek.
- We end off our workshop with transposing data and lastly grouping and outlining data.
The Advanced Microsoft Excel Training Course will enable the learner to:
- Understand and use advanced functions such as logical and lookup functions
- Consolidate data from multiple workbooks
- Protect a Microsoft Excel Workbook & save with a backup
- Create and modify Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts
- Protect workbooks, worksheets & cells within worksheets
- Work with calculated fields and summary tools
- Analyse multiple data sources with the Power Pivot ad-in
- Automate Pivot Tables with macros
- Create & Modify Macros
- Use advanced functions
- Export and import data
- Use conditional formatting
- Auto Calculate
- Cell edit
- Multiple worksheets
- Understand data entry ranges
- Calculate across worksheets
- Worksheet and workbook linking
- Data Consolidation, Analysis, Management
- Exporting and Importing
- Querying external databases
- Importing Data
- Importing CSV files
- Use the Text import wizard
- Exporting Data
- Choosing a specific format
- Exporting to word
- Pasting data with a link
- Copying a graph with a link
- Subtotals and Summarizing
- Manipulating display of totals
- Advanced value field settings
- Advanced data management
- Validating cell entries
- Pivot Table Reports and layout
- Refreshing data
- Pivot Chart Reports
- Conditional Formatting & Smart Art
- Conditional formatting with graphics
- Smart Art graphic
Who should attend
This course follows on from the intermediate course in Excel. It is intended as a more comprehensive course for participants with prior knowledge of Excel.
**Quote does not include Any Exam Fees (if applicable)
IMPORTANT ACTION: Do Not Wait To Improve Your Skills.