Quick Look Course Summary:Powerful Project Management Course (as a project team member) – Accredited Course
Next Public Course Date:
Length: 3 day(s)
Price (at your venue): 1 Person R 10,632.50 EX VAT 3 Person R 7,874.42 EX VAT 10 Person R 5,341.19 EX VAT
Certification Type:Service Seta Accredited
Locations & Venues: Off-site or in-house. We train in all major city centres throughout South Africa.
Get Free & personalised
Powerful Project Management (as a project team member) – Accredited Course
“Forget your Normal Job…You are now on a “project”…
Projects are fast becoming an essential way to create new products, obtain higher service levels etc. You may find that you or team are all of a sudden removed from your standard day-to-day job and placed in a project team. You must therefore know the processes, principles, and techniques of project management.
Imagine …You are thrown deep into a project…
- You have been given a large project to manage involving many aspects.
- You know that you need to be organized in your approach so as to ensure that the process runs smoothly.
- At first , the exercise seems overwhelming.
- You need to devise a suitable project plan and assign tasks, deadlines and deliverable that are realistic and achievable.
You need to Get up to Speed with Project Management
The purpose of this course is to get you
- up to speed with the fundamentals of the project management process;
- and upskill you to become an effective project team member. You will gain an in-depth understanding of the nature of a project and learn about the types of structures that are found in a typical project environment and what processes and activities are required to manage a project.
Power your project. You will learn:
- The nature of a project.
- The nature and application of project management.
- What types of structures are found in a project environment.
- The major processes and activities required to manage a project.
- The application of organization structures in a project environment.
- To work as an effective team member.
- To collaborate with other project team members to improve performance.
- To build relations between project team members and other stakeholders.
- A variety of strategies to deal with potential or actual conflict in a project team.
Benefits of attending: Powerful project management (as a project team member) course
Upon successful completion of this course you will have acquired an in-depth understanding of the project management process and will have developed your skills in the following areas:
- Understanding the nature of a project.
- Understand the characteristics of a project.
- Understand the differences between project and non-project work.
- Understand the basic project life cycle and possible phases.
- Understand the reasons for undertaking projects.
- Understand the types of projects and their complexity ranging from simple, complex, closed to open, “fog, quest, movie or paint by number”, technical, business, community based, development and research and development of new products.
- Understand the nature and application of project management.
- Understand the major project management processes in terms of recognized best practice.
- Understand the differences between project management and general management.
- Understand the difference between project management processes and technical (end product related) processes.
- Understand the types of structures found within project management.
- Understand the various behaviours conducive to working as a team member.
- Understand team interfaces and team roles.
- Understand how to collaborate with other team members to improve performance.
- Understand the importance of consultation and joint decision-making and how this affects team performance.
- Build relationships between team members and other stakeholders
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is aimed at those individuals who work as a project team member with a view to managing a project and who wish to improve their project management skills.
This course is accredited with by the Services Seta and material covers unit standards 120372 and 120379 at NQF level 4 worth 13 credits.
Public Course Schedule and Costs
Please click on link below for related public course/s:
There are no upcoming events at this time.