Quick Look Course Summary:Slick and Confident Telephone Management Techniques
Next Public Course Date:
Length: 2 day(s)
Price (at your venue): 1 Person R 10,615.00 EX VAT 3 Person R 6,434.81 EX VAT 10 Person R 4,214.39 EX VAT
Certification Type:SETA Accredited
Locations & Venues: Off-site or in-house. We train in all major city centres throughout South Africa.
Get Free & personalised
Answer your calling!
Slick and Confident Telephone Management Techniques – SETA Accredited Course
When a call comes in treat your customer like a king!
When a call comes in you need to know how to communicate in a clear, professional manner and with confidence. You need to always keep the customer in mind.
The techniques covered in this course will give you the confidence you need to be in control every time the phone rings.
Answer your calling and you will learn how to:
- Take and transfer incoming calls and messages in line with organizational requirements.
- Make a decision whether to disclose information or not based on organizational requirements.
- Use and describe methods for dealing with abusive callers and emergency situations in line with organizational requirements.
- Answering calls with professionalism.
- Handle customer queries.
- Take messages and relay them to appropriate parties.
- Master telephone techniques appropriate to the workplace.
- Handle difficult callers.
Benefits of attending: Slick and Confident Telephone Management Techniques course
Upon successful completion of this course you will be in control every time the phone rings and become adept at:
- Understand what constitutes disclosable and non-disclosable information and make a decision whether or not to disclose certain information in line with organizational requirements.
- Apply the various ways of finding telephone numbers.
- Prepare necessary documentation and equipment such as computers, writing materials and notes prior to making outgoing calls.
- Keep abreast of new switchboard technology being introduced into the organisation so as to become competent as a user.
- Answer and transfer incoming calls and take messages in line with organizational requirements.
- Acknowledge and keep callers informed of reasons for delays.
- Understand the different way a person answers their own private telephone as opposed to the way in which a switchboard is answered in terms of assisting customers.
- Apply standard telephone etiquette when answering, transferring and making calls.
- Understand the importance of body language in communicating with others while on a call.
- Understand and apply various methods of dealing with abusive callers in line with organizational requirements.
- Understand and apply various methods of dealing with emergency situations in line with organizational standards.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is aimed at anyone who is interested in improving their telephone skills and in particular is suitable for switchboard operators, call centre agents, receptionists, secretarial and administrative staff.
This Unit Standard course is aligned to Unit Standard 7790: Process incoming and outgoing telephone calls
Zainab Samuels – Cape Union Market
‘I definitely gained perspective and an action plan that has provided a blueprint for the next few months (in terms of) awareness, team motivation (and) assessing oneself. The best thing about this course was that it allows one to think and gain perspective (and) guidelines to improve oneself and in your role.’
Book your seat now on BOTI’s Slick & Confident Telephone Management Techniques course Now!