Records management services (RM), also known as Records information management or RIM, is the professional practice or discipline of controlling and governing what are considered to be the most important records of an organization throughout the records life-cycle, which includes from the time such records are conceived through to their eventual disposal. This work includes identifying, classifying, prioritizing, storing, securing, archiving, preserving, retrieving, tracking and destroying of records.
The purpose of records management is part of an organization’s broader activities that are associated with the discipline or field known as Governance, Risk, and Compliance (or “GRC“) and is primarily concerned with the evidence of an organization’s activities as well as the reduction or mitigation of risk that may be associated with such evidence.
The Solution (Data and Records Management Training Course: Johannesburg and all major centres)
The learner after the course (Data and Records Management Training Course) will be capable of:
- Managing and evaluating ordering and distribution of office stationery
- Managing and dealing with confidential documents and information
- Implementing control measures.
You will be able to:
- Build a Data Management system
- Setup a Data Classification and Referencing System
- Build A Referencing System
- Undertake Data Management Assessment
- Control Access to Data and Ensure proper Security measures
- Understand the rules relating to Data Retention and Disposal
- Understand Filing Systems
- Using Microsoft outlook to its maximum – the role of information systems
- Policies and Procedures
- Quality Management System
- Confidentiality and the need to be discreet
- Use of Stationery
Delivery Method ((Data and Records Management Training Course): Johannesburg, Durban, Cape Town, Pretoria and all major centres)
- Two-day Instructor Led classroom based training
- Strong delegate participation and practical application of theory
Our objective is to ensure that the acquired tools and knowledge are user friendly and easily applied in the workplace.
All delegates (for (Data and Records Management Training Course): Johannesburg, Durban, Cape Town, Pretoria and all major centres) will receive:
- Refreshments (lunch, tea)
- Memory stick (with relevant tools and models that can be easily accessed when applied back at work)
- Attendance Certificate
Course Schedule and Costs
Please click on links below for price and venue of the courses:
- Johannesburg (Sandton), Pretoria, Durban, Cape Town on 13th Feb 2017
- Johannesburg (Sandton), Pretoria, Durban, Cape Town on 13th Mar 2017
- Johannesburg (Sandton), Pretoria, Durban, Cape Town on 10th Apr 2017
- Johannesburg (Sandton), Pretoria, Durban, Cape Town on 8th May 2017
Data and Records Management Training Course is an essential skill.