The Challenge Johannesburg (Sandton), Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Pretoria – South Africa
South Africa has a very diverse workforce. Thus business realizes they need to assist employees in understanding, accept and maximizing on differences. This course will allow managers and employees to respond to workplace diversity issues with trust and openness. Diversity management makes business sense. Employees have to work in highly diverse, ethnic, religious and gender environments and it is important to feel comfortable moving between various cultures.
The Solution (Diversity Management Training Course: Johannesburg (Sandton), Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Pretoria – South Africa
Upon completion of this course (Diversity Management Training Course), the participants should:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of diversity in the workplace.
- Demonstrate understanding of the reality of diversity and its value in a unit.
- Manage team members taking into account similarities and differences.
- Deal with disagreements and conflicts arising from diversity in a unit.
- Understand central diversity management concepts and be able to relate these to their context
- Recognise the impact the diversification of the South African Labour force has on the workplace and organisational performance
- Be able to distinguish between critical success and failure factors of diversity management
- Be familiar with the legislative factors required to establish an appropriate human resource environment for managing diversity
- Be able to understand and value diversity in order to create an inclusive organizational culture ·
- Develop techniques for dealing with inappropriate behaviour ·
- Know what to do if you or one of your employees feels discriminated against
- Be able to mainstream and integrate diversity management into organisational strategy
- Understand the benefits of diversity in team members and clients are explained with examples.
- Understand ways of utilising the diversity among team members are explored with a view to enhancing relationships and improving the productivity of a unit.
- Understand ways of meeting the needs of diverse clients and communities through a range of products and services is explored to identify new opportunities.
- Be sensitive towards and understanding of diversity are demonstrated through management activities.
Delivery Method (Diversity Management Training Course:Johannesburg (Sandton), Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Pretoria – South Africa)
- Two-day Instructor Led classroom based training
- Strong delegate participation and practical application of theory
Our objective is to ensure that the acquired tools and knowledge are user friendly and easily applied in the workplace.
All delegates (for Diversity Management Training Course:Johannesburg (Sandton), Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Pretoria – South Africa) will receive:
- Material, refreshments (lunch, tea), after training assistance for 3 months
- Memory stick (with relevant tools and models that can be easily accessed when applied back at work)
Diversity Management Training Course is an essential skill.
Course Schedule and Costs
Please click on links below for price and venue of the courses:
- Johannesburg (Sandton), Pretoria, Durban, Cape Town on 13th Feb 2017
- Johannesburg (Sandton), Pretoria, Durban, Cape Town on 13th Mar 2017
- Johannesburg (Sandton), Pretoria, Durban, Cape Town on 10th Apr 2017
- Johannesburg (Sandton), Pretoria, Durban, Cape Town on 8th May 2017
View Calendar for the latest course