Introduction: Risk Management Courses
Risk management has for many years been a key component of project management, however now it is a major component of organizational best practices. Companies have come to the conclusion that effective risk management can not only lower the impact of crises; but can offer real cost savings and benefits.
Framework for risk management offered to delegates is flexible enough for any company. The skills can be applied to single projects, a department, or even used it as a method for an enterprise-wide risk management.
Outline: Risk Management Courses
Johannesburg (Sandton), Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Pretoria – South Africa
Key outcomes of the course include:
• Risk and risk management definition, types of risk
• Understand two key risk management models: ISO 31000 and the COSO ERM cube
• Establish the risk management context
• The framework of risk management activities including describing the 4 T’s and 7 R’s
• Tools to complete basic risk assessment
• Determine the appropriate response to risks and create a plan for those responses. The four T’s of reacting to risks: Tolerate, Treat, Transfer, and Terminate.
• Have knowledge of the key areas of monitoring, reporting, and assessment of a risk management program
• Have knowledge of controls that can be put into place to mitigate risks.
Course duration: Risk Management Courses
Our one day training course is designed so that the knowledge acquired is applied practically, so that the business environment can be enhanced.
Recommended Prior Experience and Knowledge: Risk Management Courses
The course (Risk Management Courses) is designed for the following attendees:
Business owners, managers
For the Risk Management Courses it is advisable that you have the following experience/knowledge: