To survive in this globally competitive market, companies cannot rely on “doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result” (Einstein). To gain competitive advantage, companies have to operate with little “fat” – i.e., “lean”. Lean” means doing more with less; working smarter rather than harder; improving quality and doing things right the first time; eliminating waste and improving efficiencies. Many companies fail to recognize the need for change.
The Challenge (Lean Six Sigma Training (Johannesburg (Sandton), Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Pretoria – South Africa)
More often than not, the though of completing a RIE (Rapid improvement Initiative) or project would cause an employee great distress. The thought of Project managing” sounds daunting and in their minds, should be left to the PM’s! Six Sigma is a simple 5 step process that’s user friendly and easily applied by all levels of staff.
“ In these competitive markets, “trimming the fat” without compromising service excellence and product quality is essential for business to survive. Lean Six Sigma should be a non- negotiable for all staff..” ~ Luis Gillman, author of Due Diligence
The Solution (Lean Six Sigma Training Johannesburg (Sandton), Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Pretoria – South Africa)
Whether directly or indirectly, managers are always involved in some sort of improvement or cost saving initiative. This two-day dynamic learning program is focused on the fundamentals of Lean Six Sigma. It is tailor-made for delegates During this interactive and hands-on program, delegates are equipped with essential Lean Six Sigma tools, principles and skills to take back and apply immediately within the workplace.
“A corporation is a living organism; it has to continue to shed its skin. Methods have to change. Focus has to change. Values have to change. The sum total of those changes is transformation.” ~Andrew Grove
Andrew Grove succinctly sums up what Lean Six Sigma embodies. It is about transformation within various levels of the organization: positively influencing processes, mindsets, and business operating efficiency and effectiveness.
What is Lean Six Sigma? (Lean Six Sigma Training Johannesburg (Sandton), Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Pretoria – South Africa)
It’s a methodology that was first coined by Motorola and then made popular by Jack Welch (CEO of General Electric) in the 1990’s. Through a 5 stage process, companies are able to optimize business processes, reduce waste, improve quality and inefficiencies. The effect: huge cost savings, increased quality and impact on the bottom-line! By using Lean Six Sigma, many companies across the globe have saved billions over the past two decades. A few examples of companies that have had the benefit of mobilizing Lean Six Sigma in the workplace are: Dell, StandardBank, Transnet Xerox¸3M, ABSA, Plascon and many many more.
“Once you understand and better document business processes, you’ll start to slice out areas of improvement and realize financial savings.”
Course Overview (Lean Six Sigma Training Johannesburg (Sandton), Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Pretoria – South Africa)
- Background of Lean Six Sigma
- Understanding structures involved within a Lean Six Sigma project
- Roles and responsibilities of Project Sponsors, Project Managers, Project Members and stakeholders
- Detailed understanding of all major activities and processes within the Lean Six Sigma methodology
- DMAIC process (Define, Analyze, Improve, Control)
- Understanding Lean Six Sigma terminology: interpret and explain with ease
- Problem solving – 5 Why’s ; solution generating (Cause and Analysis: Fishbone) , risk analysis (FMEA) and corrective action application
- Cost Benefit Analysis
Delivery Method (Lean Six Sigma Training Johannesburg (Sandton), Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Pretoria – South Africa)
- Two-day Instructor Led classroom based training
- Strong delegate participation and practical application of theory
Our objective is to ensure that the acquired tools and knowledge are user friendly and easily applied in the workplace.
All delegates (for Lean Six Sigma Training Johannesburg (Sandton), Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Pretoria – South Africa) will receive:
- Tea, lunch and refreshments
- Memory stick (with relevant tools and models that can be easily accessed when applied back at work)
- After training assistance for 3 months
Lean Six Sigma is an essential management skill. As JFK said, “Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other”.
Course Schedule and Costs
Please click on links below for price and venue of the courses:
- Lean Six Sigma Training on 13th Feb 2017
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training on 13th Feb 2017
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training on 13th Feb 2017
- Lean Process And Six Sigma on 13th Feb 2017
- Lean Six Sigma Training on 13th Mar 2017
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training on 13th Mar 2017
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training on 13th Mar 2017
- Lean Process And Six Sigma on 13th Mar 2017
- Lean Six Sigma Training on 10th Apr 2017
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training on 10th Apr 2017